WIT Search

Monday 30 April 2012

My morning amongst the Net-a-porter gals


I wasn't expecting a day of sunshine today! So I'm actually not prepared for a post, however I had one ready for last week which I thought would be fun. I went to the much anticipated Net-a-porter seasonal trend presentation and i though it would be fun to give you a little sneak peek into the amazing offices of Net-a-porter... here we go!


The Net-a-porter offices are inside Westfield shopping centre in London. It's a shopping mecca in itself so what a  perfect location for the biggest e-retalier in the world. I walk through "The Village" (where the designer wing of resides) and climb up to the top floor...


The office space is one huge, immense open plan space with dozens of stark white desks, thick black carpet and sparkly chandellier hanging from the ceiling..




Myself and a small group of journalists are taken to a glass box like room overlooking the buzzing office...


In the "Devil-wears-Prada-like" boardroom a little balck bag awaits at my seat... I can't believe what's in it and how generous the goodie bag is :-) !!


We are offered a lovely breakfast and I have tea, chocolate croissant and  strawberries... yum!


Here we go!


Holli Rogers, Net-a-portre' s gorgeous Texan buying director goes through all the trends that they are going to buy into. It's such an interesting presentation and I'm thrilled to discover bit by bit that I have also clocked on the same trends...


Holli Rogers- NAP's smily and stylish buying director. What a job she has! Front row at every show virtually shopping for every little bit you see on the site!!


After the presentation we are taken to another room to show us some of the shoes, clothes and accessories we can expect to see on the site very soon




 

How beautiful is these necklace?? I uselessly can't remember the name of the designer but they already have lots of similar ones in here



I love teh new Sophie Hulme gorgeous bag Coming soon on net-a-porter


Slippers are a huge trend for next season and I love these Charles Philip Shanghai ones! This is a new designer for next season so click here for updates. 


And that's all from me and my day at the net-a-porter HQ... I'll leave you with this glamorous image of Mrs. Natalie Massenet overlooking her empire!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post and yay for better weather but.....

you so have to show us what was in the goodie bag at Net-a-Porter!

India x

Anonymous said...

molto, molto interessante!!! che mondo affascinante! grazie A

Anonymous said...

is there a baby wit on the way?

Lela Seaseight Design said...

Ciao Laura!
Bellissime le bib-necklace! Io le adoro!!
Visto il loro prezzo, io me ne sono fatta una!! Cosa ne dici?? Ti piace? :)

http://seaseight.blogspot.it/2012/01/diy-bib-necklace.html

Anonymous said...

Can i ask what is the cape you are wearing???? I really like that look and am ignoring the fact summer is apparently coming!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You still looked great! What was inside the goody bag? I love your blog - one of the only fashion blogs I follow.
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love net-a-porter and a goody bag - what did you get (apologies for being nosey)

Dinkyfin said...

That's just bizarre.... I have the same feeling about a wit bambino ! & yes WHAT'S IN THE BAG pleeeease ???
Xx

Anonymous said...

me too!you look gorgeous as usual, but I started thinking it when I saw your holiday pictures (why showing your back in the pool?)...

WIT said...

In the goodie bag there was a very generous voucher... as for the rest of your comments.... ;-) x

Bridget said...

Love the blue jeans/peach top combination. Perfect for summer {if only the sun would actually make an appearance...}x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...