WIT Search

Wednesday 24 February 2016

What I wore at London Fashion Week with NINE IN THE MIRROR


This Fashion Week I teamed up with NINE IN THE MIRROR and asked them if they would dress me for the shows because as much as I still try to keep up with my daily looks... my current wardrobe doesn't quite stretch to fashion week glamour! Off I went to trawl their site that promises an edit of regular designer clothes (nothing is strictly maternity wear) that can be worn during and after pregnancy. It's an expensive website, think of it as a Net a Porter for expecting mothers, so every piece has to be justifiable long term purchase, so I particularly loved being able to see how every piece looks as a flat shot, on a model with and without bump - visually it really helped to get an understanding of how the clothes I picked would look during and after a bump.



For day two, I chose a Valentino silk printed midi dress and wore it with a Joseph black cashmere maxi coat over the shoulders and my old Sergio Rossi black patent boots (reasonably heeled and very comfortable - can't really do proper heels at the moment).


productproduct


I felt really comfortable in this look and both items you could easily wear after pregnancy too. I layered the dress over a polo neck jumper, but how gorgeous would it look in the summer with lace up flat sandals....


On day three I went for something quite unusual for me: a head to toe designer look in a very recognisable Missoni print. First up was a knitted turtle neck sweater dress that clung perfectly around my bump, and over it a zig zag print wool cape.


productproduct


The prints weren't matching, but the colour palette really went together so I decided to pair the two. It was quite nice to wear something slightly out of my comfort zone and I really loved the colours of the cape that after bump would look great with a knit and jeans.


On the final day of London Fashion Week I wore a Valentino monochrome baby doll dress with a Valentino cashmere cape. It was quite a smart dress, one that I could see myself wearing with flat at work and fun heels in the evening. 
The cape was gorgeous and very similar to my Stella McCartney one, which I have been wearing non-stop all winter.

productproduct


Both items on sale today... still pricey but once you try Valentino on and feel those fabrics and experience the cut... you understand the price attached. I loved this look, it made me feel really elegant and covered up but still a little sexy ;-)


Thank you www.nineinthemirror.com for making this mama look Fashion Week worthy with a bump this season! x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Except the Missoni dress, which was too short, I love all your outfits.

Elise Von E said...

You look Gorgeous in every look!!

xx, Elise
www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

Laltrame said...

L'outfit con baby doll e mantella Valentino รจ spettacolare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...