|Accessorize earrings, Cos top, Raoul trousers, Karen Millen shoes, Jimmy Choo bag|
I'm in the midst of doing my seasonal wardrobe swap over, and found these high waist Raoul trousers in my winter pile that are made of the most luxe, heavy fabric. I love a black, sharp ankle grazing pant but I often find it a bit boring, so give it a twist with statement accessories and a tucked in top. Here are five top things to look out for when shopping for black trousers:
- Fabric. There's nothing worse than an acrylic/shiny looking black. Opt for natural fabrics like wool and cotton blends as much as you can and invest in a pair that feel luxurious;
- Cut. Opt for a tapered leg, cropped syle, it will look great whatever your shape and also when worn with flats or heels.
- Front pleat it. A front pleat always look smart, look out for styles that have one;
- Shop in the right places. Some designers just do it better I would recommend Joseph, Whistles, Carven, Acne, Zara and Cos all seasonally have great styles
- Care. Read the care label and make sure you take care of your item, it's a wardrobe staple that will last you a life time.