WIT Search

Wednesday 12 February 2014

How I face the cold


Well, aside from a few tricks (Uniqlo HEATTECH undergarments which include leggings and long sleeve t-shirts under jumpers and always, always keeping your neck and head warm) I don't really have any more tricks up my sleeve. The reality is I choose to suffer in silence for the 5 min walk to the tube and 5 minute walk to work. I am not a winter person (I'm Italian after all) and I hate the look of socks; if I can help it I delay the use of tights for weeks and my theory is that as long as your torso is warm, you an survive a bare leg in short spells (shows). 

My fashion icon- Jenna Lyons going sockless at NYFW
And here's a thought, have you often seen a celebrity on the red carpet (even at a January premiere) wearing tights? Not really, and that's because a bare leg is kind of timeless/season less and tights are a bit of a spoiler. However, as I am no celebrity and live in the real world you will always recognise my days spent at the desk (no socks) to the ones out and about (usually biker boots). There you go, myth dispelled and don't be surprised if you see me go tightless at the shows. Ridiculous? I agree, but I don't take myself too seriously anyway ;-)

2 comments:

Eve Maria said...

I swear by nude tights in these situations- they can be as thick or sheer as you like- and nude pop socks for underneath trousers :)

Unknown said...

I love this photo of the heels in snow!!! Hahaha - I was so surprised by everyone going tightless at the shows! I did it one day and felt so silly...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...