WIT Search

Monday 15 December 2014

Christmas prep: hair cut and colour at George Northwood


The countdown to Christmas has started and amongst buying presents and packing suitcases, I was due a  a visit to my favourite hair salon: George Northwood.  I've been seeing George for my cut, and his sister Sally for my colour for two years now. I used to have really long, untreated hair, I always kept it up in a pony tail and was never really bothered by it. Shortly after Greta was born I really felt the urge to do something different with myself... and went for a drastic cut. Needless to say I never looked back.


Since cutting my hair two years ago I've been pretty much sticking to the same bob-style, but this time I asked George to give me a really "straight choppy cut", keeping the same length pretty much all the way around. 


Sally is George's sister and does my colour, I only really do that once a year because my hair tends to naturally go quite blond in the summer, but by December the benefits of the sun are long gone and I really wanted to recreate that "sun kissed" effect.


I'm not a big fan of highlights, I don't have the time or the the budget to retouch roots every couple of months so Sally gives me Baliage, which is a looks more natural and is a lot less high maintenance.


What I love about George and Sally is that they give low maintenance cuts (and colours) which last for months a time, and that most importantly I don't need to do nothing to. I don't straighten, I don't curl and I use whatever shampoo I happen to be trying that month. I simply blow dry head down and use Maui Wowie Beach Mist from Philip B.


WIT readers get a very special treatment on their first visit to George Northwood salon - just quote Wearing It Today and you will get 20% off across cuts, colours and blowdryes across all stylists.

Merry WIT Christmas

x

Photos by Eva K. Salvi

4 comments:

X said...

wow. that is one gorgeous cut (and color). 10 out of 10!

momben.com said...

Secondo me questo è il taglio di capelli che più ti dona. bellissimo anche il colore. Dà grinta al tuo dolce viso.
Bella!
ciao Benedetta
www.artigianamente.it

Claire said...

Your hair looks gorgeous.

Unknown said...

truly beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...