WIT Search

Monday 23 May 2011

My take on the 50's look


I've been working on A/W issues last week and I've had to accept a reality: as unflattering as they can be, midi skirts are back and everywhere. So I thought I would give it a try with my Nicole Farhi floral midi length dress and retro pic taken with my iPhone. With midi's the secret is in the heel: unless you are really tall always wear a heel to elongate your legs and add a modern bag/accessory to keep it modern.

Nicole Farhi dress, Marni shoes, MMJ sunglasses, YSL bag, Miu Miu leather jacket

5 comments:

anto said...

very very very nice!!!I love it!!
I have a lovely Valentino red dress that's beeen in the cupboard for ages...I'll take it out right now!!

The Style Box said...

you look fantastic! Love the large floral print on this dress and the red colour suits you a lot :) x

Unknown said...

Such a cute dress, but I totally agree that the midi is hard to pull off...a heel is always required!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

Style-Pursuit said...

Hey there!
Just to let you know that I'm a new follower of your blog! Just can't get enough of your amazing sense of style! :o)

x

irene said...

che meraviglia questo abito! E' uno stile che ti dona moltissimo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...