WIT Search


Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Wit Wedding Wednesday: guest dress code

I've received many emails and tweets asking me when I was going to do a WIT Wedding Wednesday about what to wear at weddings. I've had to be very mysterious...but girls, I was up to something!

I was waiting for the June issue of Red to hit the stands with my hoot on just that! Here is a little peek behind the scenes of the shoot I did back in February, lots of ideas and fabulous dresses to wear as a guest at your next wedding.

Play the video below


And here's some backstage action: moodboards, rails of gowns, a sea of shoes and hair and make up being done...

Summer wedding do's :
Go for something floral
Wear long with jeweled flats
Throw a trench over your shoulders
A modern alternative to the fascinator is a trilby hat with gros grain ribbon
Wear bright lipstick and matching toes
Ditch the pashmina and belt a cropped angora cardigan
Opt for soft neutral palettes
Wear a flower in your hair
Choose an oversize or envelope clutch
Black tie wedding? Wear a t-shirt with a ballgown skirt
Stay away from black.. or white!

See the full story and all my "Dress Code" help pages in the June issue of RED magazine


Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, can you tell me where the dark grey dress is from in the Second photo. I love it but am currently abroad so cannot buy Red. Thanks, L

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Very beautiful thanks for sharing - especially nice to see a little video too! I recognise those balloons from an old post of yours - love them - where are they from?

Ket said...

Hi, really great dresses. I was wondering if it really is OK to wear white to a wedding when I'm not the bride?

I found a dress I really love but am not sure if I can wear it because of the white factor!

WIT said...

Sure, it's Jaeger x

Andrew said...

I love the knee length max mara dress on page 38 but cannot find it to buy in maxmara stores or online - please please can you help

The Eye Casting Ltd said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...