WIT Search

Monday 8 June 2015

Scrapbook from Florence

www.wearingittoday.co.uk

Last week I took some time off to spend some quality time with my husband and Greta (more on that and my amazing Monteverdi stay on Friday), meet my brand new niece and chill out in my hometown of Florence with my family. Every time I go back there are a numbers of things I love to do: take Greta to the playground in the amazing park by my mother's house (Giardino dell' Orticultura), eat lots of ice cream (also Greta's favourite activity), go to the sea side in Forte dei Marmi for the day and of course, take a trip to the outlets. 

Collecting my lamps from Mr.Turchi's crazy shop in Impruneta
This time I also got some time to walk around the city center, and hit dome of my all time favourite shops like Il Papiro (for 'Grazie' hand cut cards) and Aquazzurra (I thought I would stand a chance to find my latest obsession - these red sandals...), as well as having some things made by local artisans that these days I can only get done in Florence where "lamp shade makers" still exist and electricians can turn a vase into a lamp. We also walked around the gardens at Forte Bel Vedere with the most spectacular view over Florence and spent a day at the seaside in Forte dei Marmi where I have the most wonderful childhood memories. I thought I would put together a photo scarp book of my favourite moments and secret addresses of must go-to places to visit if you happen to go to Florence.

My suitcase

I spent the first three days of our holiday with my husband and Greta on a family mini break at Monteverdi - but more of that on Friday for my WITmamaFriday post

Some fun in Monteverdi - or as Greta would say: "Silly mamma!"

The view from my mum's kitchen window always takes my breath away

At the Giardini dell' Orticultura by my mother's house. Greta love ride the lions!

The obligatory tour of the outlets - I went on a rainy day and there were hoards of Japanese tourists that had the same idea!

I loved this red sequin dress, but sadly it was too big and it was the last one

I ended up buying this raffia Prada hat though!


I headed to the Aquazzura shop on the Lungarno and tried these fabulous neon woven espadrilles

Il Papiro is one of my all time favourite shops that sells hand made cards. I always buy the new baby ones the 'Grazie" ones.

First outing of my Other Stories dress and Mango shoes for dinner with my friends


I bought these black espadrilles from a tiny shop in Via de' Ginori for 29euros - what a bargain. Here with my Isabel Marant earrings and Mango clutch.

My sister made me discover this fab kids shop called Baby Bottega - I am throwing a summer party for Greta in the garden and stocked up on all sorts of goodies (plus a few more non party related).

My favourite activity: cuddles with Virginia

At the amazing Forte bel Vedere (a must of you are sightseeing in Florence)



My favourite gelateria is Gelateria Ponte all Carraia but this one near home is also good - they geared up with disposable kids bibs too. So clever!

Day trip to Forte dei Marmi - my grandparents bought a house here in the 1940's and we've all been coming here all our lives. Sadly we sold the house a few years ago but we still come to the same "bagno".

Lunch on the beach. I was so happy!!

Showing off my new hat and my semi-new Valentino sunglasses

On the beach until dusk.. the Italian way!

Happy!
 For more photos of my Italy trip, take a look at my Instagram account here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Laura! W Florence &you!
Brava bravissima

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous! I have just got engaged (so loved your wedding issue) and want to honeymoon in Italy - hoping for two-three weeks so I can visit a number of places. Florence is on the list...is shopping allowed on a honeymoon ;)
Claire x
www.thegreeneyedgirl.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...