WIT Search

Thursday 22 July 2010

City break packing tips



Since not everyone is going away to a beach holiday I thought I would post a a few tips on what to pack on a city break this summer, as well as my ideal outfit for sightseeing in the heat.


  1. WEAR linen/cotton trousers that can be rolled up in the heat
  2. CARRY a small satchel with all your essentials like money, camera, sunnies and sunscreen
  3. LOOK stylish with a hair pulled back in a ponytail and manicured toes/nails with Essie's Geranium 
  4. HOP around in well strapped flats that give your feet good support 
  5. LAYER cotton t-shirts of different arm lengths to take you from Church chill to lunch in the sun
  6. PROTECT against the heat and look stylish at the same time with a panama hat 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, you have become my style guru! Your previous blog on beach packing totally inspired me on my 5 day break to Croatia and now your city break one is just as fantastic! Just love you! Irene x

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Or, wear what you normally would on a weekend but make sure your shoes are comfortable and that you have sunglasses/lotion!

WIT said...

Have you bought anything you saw on WIT? Have you dug out your white shirt, stripy top or bling necklace and are you WIT-ting it today?

PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOU IN YOUR WIT-INSPIRED OUTFIT FOR MY UP-AND-COMING "You're Wearing It Today" SECTION

email me pics at wearingittoday@gmail.com
I will select and upload all my favorite looks by August the 1st

WIT said...

Have you bought anything you saw on WIT? Have you dug out your white shirt, stripy top or bling necklace and are you WIT-ting it today?

PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOU IN YOUR WIT-INSPIRED OUTFIT FOR MY UP-AND-COMING "You're Wearing It Today" SECTION

email me pics at wearingittoday@gmail.com
I will select and upload all my favorite looks by August the 1st

bags n shoes said...

Just back from a week in Prague. I packed light and took:

ankle grazer jeans
leggings
3 jersey or cotton silk dresses from Gap and Cos
the tie dye dress you wore from Great Plains
a long jersey dress like you wore from Asos
a white shirt
Green silky skinny combat trousers (like those that everyone is going mad for atm)
two grey thin t shirts

I wore either clogs or ballet pumps and took a beige mac from Top shop from a few years back (2007)

I had every eventuality covered and felt great.

Sadly i forgot to take many pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...