WIT Search

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day five at LFW


Last day of LFW! By this time I've given up on the heels and it's time for some warm layers and flats. My first show today was Anya Hindmarch which was simply.. well SENSATIONALl! I want to dedicate this whole post to her and her talented team because it really was a show to be remembered and I was so chuffed to be invited. First of all I want to say that every season us fashion editors really look forward to her presentations: weather they are in an abandoned tube station, a boat on the river Thames or a Spa in Battersea, she always comes up with something really clever and entertaining, so amusing it keeps up talking about it for weeks! This season I was particularly excited because she was to host her very first show. The buzz and the little teasers she leaked on twitter (like this funny photo) sure meant it was going to be amazing!

From @AnyaHindmarch twitter

She always comes up with some gorgeously retro Anya-world invite and this season was no exception

The invited quoted "All I've ever wanted"

The ticket was an old style cinema ticket

I got to Burlington Gardens early (I didn't want to miss it for the world) and got shown to my seat by a lovely Pr girl in what looked like a retro-style factory worker uniform... and I soon gathered why. The whole set was a Charlie & the chocolate factory meets fashion catwalk fantasy world... 





On my seat a programme, Anya's branded Quality Streets and a little explanantion of Anya's inspiration





Then the music started, the huge machine got ticking and the bags started appearing... just genious! Take a look at this short video I took because I don't think words can actually describe how entertaining all of this was..

 
And then the finale...
First came the bubbles...

... and then the confetti!
 Here are some of the gorgeous "quality street-inpired" bags and accessories... I will be sure to buy the colour block shoulder bag.. can't WAIT for A/W!!!







Brava Anya! x


9 comments:

Sfizi e Sfarzi Moda said...

Mi piace molto il tuo outfit!

Baci Marcella

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post Laura - love love love Anya. Thanks for the insight x

Red Phoenix Style by Willow and Lotus Phoenix said...

Gilet over the coat - genius! Probably not cold enough in Queensland, AU to try it but will keep in mind for winter!

L
xx

Anonymous said...

stupendo post per noi che queste cose non le vedremo....MAI!!! grazie, facci sognare laura!
anto

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit, but I am older and suggest skinny dark wash jeans and ballet flats - but I say this because I live in San Francisco : )

Love your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.s what red lipstick are you wearing?
www.citygirlinredlipstick.com - I write about them : )

Anonymous said...

Love yr outfit but I think the new AH collection is too TOWIE for me

Veebers said...

you know you can do no wrong when you wear those shoes! #lovehearts Great post. What a week you've had honey!!

The Honeyroom said...

Love the shoes and your vest they are both quite fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...