I'm so thrilled to have my wardrobe back and getting dressed in the morning is finally once again the best time of the day. Spring has definitely arrived in London but, especially in the morning, it's still quite chilly so I've taken out my trench coat for the occasion. A trench coat is a wardrobe staple every woman should own, Burberry Kensington would be the obvious choice, but if like me you are still saving for it, there are some great alternatives on the High Street. Mine today is from Banana Republic, it's few years old so I'm not sure they have the exact one in store but worth having a look. I know for sure J.Crew does a great quality one called Icon, and I've also tried on the Joseph one which is very chic. A few styling tips for trench coats:
- Tighten the sleeves straps and push up your sleeves for a more relaxed wear
- If you leave opened, tighten the belt in a knot at the back to avoid the "sac" look
- Think about your height when buying your perfect style: to-the-knee lengths are better for petites, whilst midi lengths look great on tall
- The colour is really important, especially if buying on the high street. Avoid yellow tones, and opt for a grey shades that look more expensive
- Always buy a lined one - the beauty of a trench is the structured fit. Flimsy styles look cheap.
- Slip it over your shoulders for a very "fashion editor" look ;-)