WIT Search

Monday 16 September 2013

Back to work


With a couple of weeks delay due to childcare disaster  (you may have noticed I'm not back to daily posts yet), this morning I'm going back to work after a year on maternity leave. For those of you who only recently started reading WIT, my day job is Fashion and Shopping Editor at RED magazine. I edit the front of book section and compile all those shoppingy pages you read at the front of book section of most magazines. So yes, my job is to scout trends and bring you the edit of the best things to buy right now. Here's how I got ready to my return to working life and a few of my latest buys..

1. A new hair cut
George Northwood at Josh Wood in Liberty London has been cutting my hair for the past year. Post Greta I still think it's the best style-investment I've made so far. This time I went a little shorter,  George suggested going for a choppy, messy bob and as always, I love it.


2. Statement sweaters
If there's one thing to invest in this season it's a statement jumper: throw it on with a pair of jeans, dress it up with a statement necklace or clash it with a print skirt, I've bought a few (below) and it's the easiest style update you can make this season (also this week's Star Buys theme).


3. Umph denim
I don't buy a lot of jeans, but once in a while I like to try something a little bit different. I picked up this patchwork pair from HM (in store now) and have been wearing them with everything.

HM skinny jeans £24.99
4. Winter shade
Especially now that I have a bay (and half as much time to get ready) I'm all for a quick fix and instant updates, a coat of lipstick does just that. I got a bit bored of the corally hues I've been wearing for the past couple of years, so when a make up artist suggested something new I was all for it. I've adopted this Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in Cruella from from SpaceNKicon as my "winter shade".



5. Greta Collection additions
I've added charms and bracelets to The Greta Collection range! I love my new yellow G pendant an my rose gold L bracelet. Take a look at "The Greta Collection" section for prices and info on how to order.


Now head down and back at work but come and see me on Twitter and Instagram to see what I'm up to!

21 comments:

Mummy, Wife and Chaos said...

I saw these jeans in my hm magazine last night and desperate to get my hands on them even more now! They look ace. Good luck with getting back into work! Looking great with the new hair! I too love a red lippy! X

Anna (South Molton St Style) said...

Good luck on your first week back - absolutely love your hair! xxx

South Molton St Style

gloria said...

Hi Laura,
I'm writing from Padua (Italy)..curiosly the last week I have had your same idea to short my hair..in the same way!
I adore your way to show the new trends..Kisses!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back but where is the window pane jumper you are wearing from ?

Lucyx

honey876 said...

Oh I love your hair! I've been toying with going for the chop but It takes so long to grow!

Antonia said...

Where did you get the jumper you are wearing today from? Great outfit and good luck with first day back!

Magdalena said...

Love it, and since GAP and Maje are already mine with Whistles on the list love it even more...

Unknown said...

Love the look!! And I also want to know were taht fab jumper is from.

Xo Hanneke


www.hannekeverstegen.com

Louise said...

welcome back you were a lucky lady to have a year off hopefully the seperation isn't too bad!

Love your graphic jumper where is that from?

Great to have you back!

SJP said...

I have the Nars Cruella as well - it's the perfect shade for winter :)

Hekku said...

Hi from Finland!
I have the same sweater from Gap in red/white, and have realized that I desperately need a few more new knits ro update my fall look...
Good luck with going back to work!

Ad - Mustards said...

Love your hair, you look great!! You're always so inspiring, especially since I'm in the same position of going back to work in a few weeks with a year off on maternity too :)
All the best and keep those posts coming xx

Katie said...

I love the entire look and your new cut looks amazing.

MK said...

Terrific cut! And I've been eyeing that camo jumper. Might have to make a purchase.

LG said...

The heels are back! Yay! :)
Cannot wait to see your pages in RED!
I really love your outfit!

WIT said...

Thank you for all your comments and glad you like the hair.. it is so practical! I hope you gathered the jumper is from Gap, in store now and online too. Happy shopping WIT readers xx

Nicola said...

Hello Laura, just wanted to say how glad I am you're back. Have missed your daily emails. Love your looks this week & can't wait to try them out myself. Hope your first week went well. As a mother of one (he's 3 now) it does get easier! :) x

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Laura, thank you so much for your advice on the GAP sweater! The graphic one and another striped jumper are already in one wardrobe! Take care, Caterina

ale said...

SOOO LOVELY haircut! I wish my hair were longer to get that look!!!
Love the jumper with leather skinny, got to find something like that in my wardrobe right now or I'm driving mad.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm desperately trying to get more info on the Greta Collection bracelets as can't see prices etc on your page. I've tried emailing a couple of times but I don't know if they are getting through. Look forward to hearing from you

Unknown said...

Just ordered those jeans today, if they look half as good on me as they do on you, I will be a very happy bunny!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...