WIT Search

Monday 23 September 2013

The leather skirt worn the relaxed way

 
Whistles leather skirt, Marks and Spencers cashmere jumper, Christian Louboutin shoes

I am taking advantage of this weeks mild temperatures and doing a bare leg for what is likely to be the last time in months. I bought this Whistles skirt as a going-back-to-work item, and today I'm pairing it with a slouchy jumper and a pair of statement heels for a day in the office. There is a huge selection of of leather or pleather skirts in shops at the moment, (mine is pleather) but I particularly liked this one because it's of a good length to be worn with flats or heels. My suggestion is to wear leather skirts  the relaxed way, this because you will wear it twice as many times! Think of it as a pair of jeans, pair it with jersey T-shirts, boyfriend style knitwear heels or flats.

Whistles Bailey Skater Skirt  £85.00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sì, ma il maglione devi metterlo dentro la gonna.

A Little Slice Of said...

So glad you're back! You look fab!! We have so many items in common - M&S cashmere, alove of J.Crew and even the red H&M necklace! Check out how I styled my leather skirt here http://alittlesliceof.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/yellow-shoes.html Would love to know what you think! x

KB said...

Can I have your shoes, please!

Treasuresnpleasures said...

Love this look Laura, I'm a massive fan of dressing down leather as it can very very OTT at times, and of course as you say you get twice the wear out of it then too! Great to c you back btw! X

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was the Katia skirt, not the Bailey, that is actually a mini skirt! Why does it seem midi on you?

Anonymous said...

Not sure about this one Laura, it looks a little frumpy to me -
Perhaps your look would have worked better with the top tucked into the skirt..? x

Anonymous said...

Love this, I hate the whole leather thing right now but you do work this look well. A leather skirt should be below the knee for me and not to shiny. The thrift shop skirts are to be avoided at all costs as they are usually always fitted and come way above the knee creating the 'uhh' wrong look. I think more people need to see this to learn the rights and wrongs with leather, well done :)
Thanks,
Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...