WIT Search

Monday 23 September 2013

Currently obsessed with: pointed flats

I've been cleaning out my shoe cupboard and I've thrown away most of my old, worn-to-death ballerinas. Ballerinas are a versatile and practical flat shoe, but I've been wearing mine for years and I must admit,  I'm a little bored of them. So what's the new every-day flat? I was in search of something a bit smart, that can be worn with skirts, most trousers and also look good with tights. The answer to this is the perfectly on-trend pointed flats. Perfect for work, has flattering leg lengthening effect and both high street and designer have equally lovely styles.

1) Dune Mala £79
2) J.Crew Viv flat £246.43
3) Boden point flats £79
4) Just ballerinas flats £95 at my-wardrobe.com
5) Karen Millen Limited point flats £110
6) Dolce & Gabbana BouclĂ©-tweed pointed flats £430
7) Valentino Studded patent-leather flats £545
8) Brigette Point Ballerina  £110.00
9)Dune Mathilda £79
 After much research I bought a classic, black leather pair from Whistles that I had already featured in WIT's relaunch.  As I think they are a really great buy (price wise too) they have now made their back in this week's "Work-Essentials" Star Buys, alongside a wardrobe basic black skirt, and a work friendly Anya tote. Happy Monday back at your desks!

Brigette Point Ballerina  £110.00

4 comments:

TheOnlineStylist said...

I spied an amazing pair of pointed flats on a friend in London and they were from Zara and very similar to the Dune pair you've included. Am off to see if they're still available online - thanks for the reminder! x

Anonymous said...

Oh laura! This makes me happy as I recently bought some gorgeous pointed black and white ones from pied a terre - lovely quality and look smart with everything. I've never had a pair of pointed shoes before and felt like a change as i can't wear heels for too long. Your posts brighten my day! (especially mondays!) x

Victoria said...

I love all these pointy flats, especially the leopard print ones. But what about us girls with unusually large feet. I'm 5'5" and have size 7 feets. I've always tried to steer clear of pointy shoes as they tend to add another inch or so to my already huge feet! Especially if you're wearing skinny jeans, I feel a bit too 'clownish' wearing them. Any advice?

Treasuresnpleasures said...

I'm after a black pair of pointed flats, like you I'm sort of over pumps and pointed ones are much more versatile as they look great for the office too. Off to check out the whistles ones! (Btw H&M have some great leather ones for £35, sadly sold out in my size but they are stunning!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...