WIT Search

Tuesday 6 March 2012

PFW diary day TWO

Every good day starts with a good breakfast. My hotel does the best apricot jam and I have a whole baguette... a long one!

Good to go, nobody to take my pic so this is the best I could so so far: Whistles leather jacket, Moschino lurex dress, French Connection pumps and my cherry red Smythson Emily bag.

During shoes you never know when you are going to stop and eat so I stock up with snacks in the car!

First stop is the Paul Smith showroom. I've seen the show in London and it was lovely, seeing the whole collection up close is always exciting and during resees we get to see the entire commercial collection and all the accessories too. I take pics of everything I like and start making notes of emerging trends.

Love this front pleat trouser look with oversize clashing print knit

Next stop in Tila March showroom. She is a fabulous french fashion editor turned designer who makes beautiful everyday shoes and bags. I love the simplicity of the collection, lots of great walkable wedges in wearable colours and really good price points too. She is lovely and shows me around the showroom to explain what she's all about..

These wedge side buckle boots were my favorite, I can see myself wearing the navy pair next winter with a skinny jean and mannish coat.


After this I have a 90 minute brake before my next show.. must make the most of it! 


Read my blog entry on Redonline on my 90 minute shopping spree at Rue des Francs Bourgeois by clicking HERE



First stop: SANDRO (j'adore)

I try this jacket and almost buy it.. but then I think I've' still got a good 80 minute to look around, should I be splurging straight away? It is so cool though.. I'm thinking with a white t-shirt and skinny black jeans, maybe with a bit of a lace up heel (which I haven't got so note to self: find). Albeit, I manage to constrain myself and walk out on to my next shop.

Then I stumble onto a newby: Claudie Pierlot, it has some gorgeous things, a bit more playful and girlie than Sandro and Maje.


Lots of pinks and funky prints

I loved this neon pink sweater (roughly 80 Euros so not bad prices)

Could these be my black lacey shoes???

I also try on a  very cool navy. grey and black panelled extra long jumper- I was thinking maybe worn over my  (notice my Converse trainers worn with my Moschino dress.. people did look at me as if I was a bit mad dressed like that on a Sunday morning...)


This was very cool: bretton t-shirt with black leather sleeves (47 Euros), but they didn't have my size :-(

I have a quick look in Iro, it's a bit Isabel Marant at premium high street prices. I wish I could wear all those cut off denim shorts, skiiiiiny jeans and fringed bits.. but I don't think I'm cool enough. However i highly recommend it, they have some great stuff and a small selection is also sold on net-a-porter.com

Always love a little look at this unaffordable swimwear heaven. One day, one day!


Back in the car I still have 30 min to spare! I always love going to Merci- I usually don't end up buying much but it's just such a fantastic set up and the crowd only is worth looking at.

At Merci it's all about flowers this time around.

Oh the Ritz! 
I'me here for the Gina resee- sparkly shoes and killer heels heaven.

I ask my driver to take my pic with the lovely Place Vendome in the background but he decides to opt for the refurbished background!?



Next I'm off to another resee, Bionda Castana shoes. i love her things! The designer is Italian so we end up chatting for ages. Her shoes are stocked under Bionda Castana at Browns

Cacharel is next - lots of pops of red again... I see a trend there.


On my way out I quickly head to see the Hermes windows that are always sensational.
This time it's no exception: colour themes and packed with amazing Hermes summer buys, each window is filled with a beach like scene of pure pigment powder. I stare at them for ages with my friend Kate with which I'm just about to grab a quick late lunch.

Kate and I (she's wearing a Peter Pilotto skirt I literally want to 

Next is Vivienne window.. it's in a garage like venue and there are strobe lights and lasers beaming everywhere... very underground

The show is M.A.D! 



My train is at 7pm so I have to rush of to the station and before you know it.. I'm back in London!
It's been an amazing 48h and I can't wait for next season. 
x

5 comments:

Cushh said...

love the pictures! she has great styling.

Evening dress UK

A LIFE LESS ORDINARY said...

Another fab post and another great insight into your job & fashion week. Have a nice day x

sam said...

I just LOVE your blog - always one of my fave reads - great outfits, great shopping, great humour

Anonymous said...

laura, you should go on fashion trips every day!!! I greatly enjoyed reading ur posts!!! brava A

Anonymous said...

great post! but what did you end up buying?!! curiousssss :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...