WIT Search

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Dinner-date wear

Coast dress, Jil Sander clutch, LK Bennett shoes
Ok so technically my wedding anniversary wasn't for another few days but work commitments meant that we had to celebrate on the day we got engaged instead. I remember posting this photo and hiding my hand not to show the ring I had been given a few hours earlier... but if you look closely I had a bottle of champagne in my hand as we were going to celebrate the news with friends!
Four years have passed and last night was time to celebrate. By now you know me and my ways to make everything into an occasion (especially anything that can be celebrated with a new dress), so for one night only I decided I was going to be a bride again and wore a little white dress to mark the occasion. I spotted this dress on one of my colleagues at Red and it was love at first sight. Coast often has little unexpected gems like this one that reminds me a little bit of a Chloe number at an affordable price. It's girlie without being fussy and I love the forgiving tunic shape that makes white more wearable (I'm wearing a loose size 10).
Chloe SS14
A little something to think about: underwear. Ideally go for a strapless flesh tone body. If you want to wear bra, best to opt for strapless and a flesh tone knickers. Marks and Spencers has a great selection. Wear a black or metallic sandal to give the whole look a bit of an edge - if you are packing it for a Summer holiday pair with a unfussy strappy flat. 
PS. From now on keep track of the labels in every post so you can easily refer back to dressing categories by occasion (occasion), subject (WIT mama Friday, WIT wedding Wednesday ecc..) and designers (Coast, Marni, Chanel ecc..) - all part of WIT's improved functions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...