WIT Search

Wednesday 11 June 2014

The midi skirt

Gap knit, Zara skirt, J.Crew shoes, Chanel bag
I bought this Zara skirt back in Florence after seeing it in the window as I walked with my sisters in town. I've always been a little bit hesitant of working a midi but I've actually realised that since hems have become longer and longer, it's no harder than a normal skirt. Here are  a few things to think about:
  • Wear heels - they elongate your silhouette especially if you are a bit short like me;
  • If you wear flats make them pointy, they have a lengthening effect (these Boden ones are my absolute favourites);
  • If you have a short torso, wear with a casual loose top over your skirt instead of tucked in;
  • With a high waisted skirt try a crop top, it's actually really flattering on (I LOVE this J.Crew one - on my shopping list;
  • Opt for fuller shapes - they hide a multitude of sins and are that little bit more wearable than pencil skirts that tend to be more formal;
Top Shop White Rose Gathered Midi Skirt £50
icon

4 comments:

Petitspois said...

LOVE today's outfit Laura. I adore those J Crew heels. Please let us know when they are available. Kate x

Unknown said...

I also picked up this zara skirt and this gives me another idea of how to wear it!

Unknown said...

thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unknown said...

Hey, love the skirt - but I am only seeing size M being sold on line. Can you tell me what size you have? Many thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...