WIT Search

Monday 30 June 2014

How to wear crochet the un-girlie way

J.Crew dress, Aquazzura shoes, Chanel bag
Crochet can some times look a little bit too girlie on me, so I always make a point of wearing it with something that "cools-it-up" a tad: I like to wear dresses a bit on the short side and pair them with a black shoe and leather accessories; I pair separates with ripped or frayed denim, a leather or denim jacket whilst piling on some jewellery to give the whole look a bit of an edge. 


Crochet tops and dresses can also easily look cheap (especially if they are), so it's really important to choose well: opt for bright whites where you can (when it's hand made it's often made of pure white cotton), choose thicker threads and natural fabrics as they look more expensive. A bit like with broderie dress your crochet items down rather than up to get that Isabel Marant (above) effortless look.


  1. ASOS Premium Crochet Sundress £75.00 I am a little bit in LOVE with this dress 
  2. Étoile Isabel Marant Caty embroidered crochet-cotton mini dress Was £350 Now £210 40% OFF
  3. Tessa Crochet Dress by Goldie £38.00
  4. Accessorize Scallop Lace Shorts £35.00
  5. Lisa Maree The Shining Light crocheted cotton-blend bikini Was £140 Now £98 30% OFF
  6.  Warehouse smock top £15.00
  7. Crochet Detail Suntop £38.00
  8. Top Shop Floral Crochet Top £28.00
Finally one last heads up: crochet is really beautiful (and precious) when it's hand made, so take advantage of the sales to invest in something that you will treasure forever. Both Net-a-porter and Matches have some a great selection in store now - just click on the links.

3 comments:

I won't wear sludge brown said...

I adore this look x

What if I wore it the first Time said...

I love your dress but must confess to being proper in love with your Aquazurra shoes. I would die to have a pair.

Unknown said...

I love the whole look!! The Aquazurra shoes are perfect!!
xx- Ari
www.thedoubledenim.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...