WIT Search

Friday 6 June 2014

WIT mama Friday: swimwear that it is as much for you as it is for your mummy status


Oh gosh this weekend I ventured into a changing room to try a swimsuit on and I really had to use all my imagination to picture what I will look like on the beach wearing it. Of course I blame it on bad lighting and the fact that living in the UK my skin is as pasty as it can be... yet it made me think that buying swimwear is really quite daunting for most of us, no matter what your shape or size.

My swimwear buying habits have drastically changed since having Greta: gone are the days of lounging by the pool with a magazines, my tummy and top half are not as "tight" as they used to be... so these days I tend to prefer one piece swimsuits to bikinis. Having said that, I categorically refuse to give in to style. I still want to try and look the part on the beach and be a stylish mum to be proud of, so here are some of my suggestions for your next swimwear shopping trip. 

Last summer wearing the J.Crew ruched tulle swimsuit - Photo by Julie Adams
It is quite fitting that this month's column that I wrote for Get the Gloss was infact about swimwear and my top five must buys for the summer. I tried to think of a little capsule wardrobe to make up for your entire packing needs - really hard to do in five but I had a go:


Every woman needs a piece of swimwear that feels more like an evening dress than anything else - something so fabulous that you won’t even want to get it wet (although you can, of course). - See more at: http://www.getthegloss.com/article/fashion-high-five-the-swimwear-edit#sthash.DEY3RJF9.dpuf
Every woman needs a piece of swimwear that feels more like an evening dress than anything else - something so fabulous that you won’t even want to get it wet (although you can, of course). - See more at: http://www.getthegloss.com/article/fashion-high-five-the-swimwear-edit#sthash.DEY3RJF9.dpuf
1) The pop of colour one piece
Why buy it? A little something to suit your colourings and enhance your tan later on in your holiday.
Boden Sorrento Swimsuit £59.00  (choose from more colours)

This style is great  if you are tummy concerned as it comes with clever rouching on the tummy area. Good for larger breasts as it has good support and is a little bit minimising,



2) The essential black bikini
Why buy it? Because you will wear it forever 
 Heidi Klein Black Sands Bow Bikini £190.00 

For me it's all about quality with this section. Heidi Klein caters for all body shapes and you can shop by tops styles or even specific needs like underwired, enhance bust, support bust and D-G cups. I have and love this style because it's indestructible and very supportive. 



3) The designer splurge
Why but it? Because it's the affordable way to tap into designers you love

Good for tanning: bandeau style and cut out back so you can lie on your back and get an even tan with no tan marks



4) The seasonal high street bargain
Why but it? Because it's the guiltless way to buy into seasonal trends without overspending
Top Shop Black Longline Bikini Top £15.00  Black High Waisted Bikini Pants £10.00

Good for skinny but I think how fabulous on curvy girls too - think Kate Upton on the June Vogue cover! 




5) The pool posing number
Why but it? For a special holiday, a week end away, a pool or beach party or just something to wear when the children are not around!
J.Crew tulle underwire swimsuit £130.00

This style is better for smaller breasts as it tends to enhance what you've got! Sizing: true to size.


cheaper options below


Top Shop Black and Cream Scallop Swimsuit £36.00 and M&S Collection Tummy Control Ruched Swimsuit £29.50

Read the full article on www.getthegloss.com


 The mini-you striped swimsuit
Why buy it? Because I couldn't resist Greta and I sporting matching one pieces this summer...

J.Crew Tie-back tank in stripe £98.00 and mini-me matching Crew cuts Girls' tank in thin stripe £40.50

Really flattering fit - this style comes in lots of colours and different coloured stripes that make a great staple. It doesn't have any support so best for smaller cups.

2 comments:

milly said...

Hey what's the costume your wearing in the pic? X

milly said...

Hey what's the costume your wearing in the pic? X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...