WIT Search

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Cool checks

Whistles jacket, J.Crew necklace, Zara shirt, trousers, shoes and bag
If there's one print I'll be playing around with this winter it'll be plaid. I love the way it's been done on the catwalks, with little touches of it rather than the literal grunge girl look. To keep it cool and modern, mix it in with your existing wardrobe the way Celine, and Stella McCartney showed it. 


Don't be afraid of clashing it with other prints such as camouflage, stripes or leopard print. My advice is to mix it in with prints of the same tonal value, and if you feel brave enough, try pairing a flannel shirt with a sequin skirt or a bit of sparkle in the evening.

  1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Sweater £260.00
  2. Ganni cocoon coat £325
  3. Jil Sander A/W13
  4. Sea NY Belted Dress £398.00
  5. Roksanda Ilincic Silk Maxi Skirt £965 (style tip: wear with a simple T-shirt)
  6. See by Chloe boots £350
  7. J.Crew necklace £98
  8. IRO Halton Leather Trim Shirt £220.00
On the high street, Mango styled plaid shirts beautifully with ripped denim and black leather (Mango plaid cotton shirt £34.99 ), but you could try giving it a more polished feel by pairing it with a flare leg jean (my favourite is The MARRAKESH Jean from MiH) and a boyish coat like this Paul Smith Black Cashmere Coat £465.00 my-wardrobe.com

Mango A/W13
Here's how I'm going to wear my old check shirts this winter...

4 comments:

A Life Un-Styled said...

I love how you've mixed the camouflage print and plaid. I would have never thought to do that nor would I have been able to pull it off the way you have :)

TheOnlineStylist said...

I have the softest plaid shirt from Gap that I bought last autumn - you've inspired me to wear with leopard heels and boyfriend jeans - thank you! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura really enjoy the blog, ikea has a really lovely pop up tent that looks like a big top at the circus for your party theme. April

Anonymous said...

Where is the red plaid shirt on the left from Laura?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...