WIT Search

Friday 13 February 2015

WIT mama Friday: flat shoes with an oomph

Isabel Marant lace-up pumps £315 Selfridges
I was talking about this with a friend recently: "mum-wear" of course has to be practical, comfortable and somewhat indestructible but I'm determined for it to be stylish too. I'm past the time where my clothes have to be spill-proof and I'm always on the hunt for fabulous wardrobe staples that will "rock up" my mum uniform with a little bit of oomph. 


Flat shoes for example: says who that they have to be plain and simple? When I'm going out on a Friday date with Greta to see a friend of course I want to wear jeans and a baggy jumper, but by adding a cool flat and a designer across body bag I've immediately turned my outfit around. 


And that's why I decided to invest in my new pair of Isabel Marant flats - I can see all of us wearing them equally well picking up the kids from school to grabbing a quick lunch with friends and even running around town to do a million things. 


Yes because you know how usually you have to break in to shoes? Well these are made of the softest leather I have ever tried and almost feel like they've been molded at my feet. 


Goes without saying I'm in LOVE with them and will be wearing them everyday with everything from jeans to tailored trousers and pretty dresses this summer. Highly recommended. (But don't wear them at soft play or wherever you need to take them off lots because they are not the most practical!)

1 comment:

X said...

I'm loving the lace up style of flats and sandals so much and am happy they'll be in style this s/s.

I'm just waiting for a tan, nude or khaki pair that will go with my wardrobe as I don't wear black.

I totally agree that flats are a mom's bf!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...