WIT Search

Monday 7 June 2010

Shopping mecca number one: the Prada outlets


Ninety percent of the designer items I own I buy from the outlets in Florence- I can't recommend them enough and it's definitely a trip worth making for a piece of designer at affordable prices. Today I'm sharing the first of two of my shopping sanctuaries: the Prada outlet (called Space). It's not a run down hangar space with rails of crap- it's a proper shop with back season main line Prada, Prada sport and Miu Miu. You can find everything from shoes, bags, leather goods,  luggage, clothes, jewellery, swimwear and even perfumes and eye wear. Log on tomorrow for the Guccii group outlet,The Mall with YSL, Marni, Stella Mc.Cartney, Balenciaga and many more.

Here are some of the things I tried on. The leather skirt and the green dress made it into my wardrobe.

 



DIRECTIONS to Prada outlets (roughly 25min from Florence):
  • From Florence take the highway (autostrada) in direction ROME
  • Take the exit at VALDARNO
  • Follow signs to MONTEVARCHI
  • Then follow signs to AREZZO 
  • Then look out for signs to "Space Outlet" to the left
Here are some of the main signposts to look out for







7 comments:

Lucy said...

Ok, how much discount are we talking here? Already booking my ticket... x

WIT said...

Ciao Lulabelle, it really varies but generally I would say at least 40% off. It depends on how many sizes there are left, how much work in each piece. My leather skirt was 170 euros from 600 and the silk green dress 250 from 800 euros.
In Euros this is roughly the range: trousers and skirts from 50 to 200 max, leather bags between 200 and 600 euros, dresses/coats and jackets from 50 to 500, shoes from 50 t0 300 max, small leather goods (vanity cases, wallets, belts) from 50 to 200. But I've been so lucky in the past to find on sale bits for 30 euros...

Lucy said...

Wow, fantastic finds, well done you! Definitely worth a look (and worth mentioning to styling clients - not that I want them to get there before me!).

Thanks Laura. x

Meera Shah said...

Hi Laura, I've recently discovered your blog and I must say I really look forward to your daily posts and pics! I'm really enjoying it!
As for the outlets - I'm in agreement with you - I've been to Space and Gucci Group's outlet too and came back with quite a few hits!
Meera x

Jane said...

feel like i'm on holiday with you...
great finds, definately noteworthy!

Margo said...

Ciao Laura, looks great! Any tips on outlet shopping in the UK for those of us who might not make to Florence this year? Thanks!

WIT said...

Ciao Margo. good tip- will think of something soon. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...