I've been asked to do a WIT about my hair and make up regime which I found quite funny because it's relatively low maintenance: I almost always wear my hair in a ponytail, rarely brush it and when I put it up it's in a messy bun because I love beach/bed hair. I think make up should take 5 minutes and look very natural- I like a bronzed, sunkissed look with a little sheen on the cheekbones and definition in the eyes. Yet I never actually realised just how specific my make-up bag is, until I decided to list my favorite products! My make up changes slightly between summer and winter, so I thought i would show my favorite S/S everyday products and a few "special occasions" favorites.
My Summer make-up essentials:
- St. Tropez Everyday Airbrush- great colour, simple to use. I can't bear being pale!
- Benefit eye lash tint- I don't like mascara, especially in the summer, so I prefer to get a black-blue eyelash tint from Benefit salons (Adriana in the London Spitafield's branch is truly amazing and also waxes my eyebrows)
- Benefit lip scrub and balm- I wear this lip balm everyday, I love it because it's completely matt and being quite thick it stays on for ages. It comes with a lip scrub too.
- Laura Mercier cream blush in Blaze- some days it's the only thing I wear. It gives an instant "healthy" look.
- Essie Coral varnish- great shade for summer toes.
- Laura Mercier bronzer in Matt Bronze- couldn't live without it, my star buy. Non yellow/orangey and the only one without sheen for a matt sun kissed look.
- Essie Mademoiselle varnish- for natural nails.
- Seche Vite top coat- only the best in the world. I take it on holiday and it instantly revives an old man/pedicure. Another star buy.
- Shu Uemura black cream eyeliner- stays on all day.
- Bobbi Brown eye liner brush- draws a perfectly neat line.
- Nars duo cream highlighter in Orgasm/South Beach- love love love this. Great for cheeks, eyes, lips. Star!
- The bronzed messy hair look I love!
- Guerlain Terracotta powder eyeshadow in Holy Smoke- a great sheer alternative to the below.
- Mac Quite Natural Paint Pot cream eyeshadow- I wear this almost everyday, it's a barely there matt "wash" on the eyelid.
- My signature pony tail!
And for the evening or a special occasion I love a coral lip using Mac's Morange lipstick and golden skin with Jemma Kidd's Show Stopper Body Glow.