WIT Search

Sunday 15 August 2010

Jersey dresses


When going on holiday, I always throw in my suitcase a few jersey dresses, be it maxi or t-shirt,  they are practical, stylish and just as good as a beach cover-up or evening outfit. Today I am wearing my ASOS grey maxi dress belted with a skinny tan belt. One tip: always go for one or to sizes as a)they often shrink  b) they can be very unforgiving on lumps and bumps!

3 Black strapless £25 Wallis
4 Black tank dress E119 Alexander Wang at mytheresa.com



ASOS maxi dress £28 Vintage tan leather belt

Don't forget to vote for WIT!!
 Shortlisted at Cosmo Blog Awards for best Fashion and Style blog

3 comments:

Jasmin said...

I love this look, but feel that jersey dresses NEVER work on a fuller figure! As you say, highlights and clings to all the lumps and bumps... :-(

WIT said...

Ciao Jasmin and thank you for your comment. I know, jersey dresses can be tricky, but I think some shapes can work. For example dress number 3 (empire line form Wallis), only wraps around the bust and falls nicely on the body. Also dress number 6 (t-shirt dress from Alexander Wang), worn with a low slung belt over the hips doesn't cling and is actually rather forgiving. Try try! xxxx

Shelby said...

I love these styles of casual dresses! They are so simple but look great and would be perfect for the summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...